Not long ago I took home a pamphlet after browsing in a L’occitane shop for gift ideas. After reading through I felt it was too pretty not to reuse in some way. I decided to make a small gift bag, and wrap some Christmas gifts with it.
Lest it appears I’m slacking by simply recycling ads, I added mum-like pom poms using papers from my brother’s wedding. They were made this way:
- Fold a paper strip in half. The one shown measured about 21cm x 6.2cm.
- Make slits along the fold but leave a small distance away from the opposite edge. To quicken this step, fold the paper strip further in half/quarter lengthwise before snipping. Make slim cuts for a denser bloom.
- Open up the strip and turn over.
- Fold it back in half (this will “wake up” the loops made in step 2) and roll it up freehand, or with a pen.
- & 6. Shape and tame. Use double-sided tape to hold down the end of the rolled “stem”.
The circular stem does make it tricky to attach. I tried squashing it to make it easier but that affected the overall shape. In the end I resigned myself to its inherent nature and let mounting tape take over in adhering it as a topper, or sideways (think boutonniere or corsage) and in this aspect, a ribbon strip can be added to conceal the base and serve as a gift tag.
They are so beautiful. Love!
love all your packages!
Pingback From 365/78. ötlet – Csomagolópapír pompom | homeLOVE
[...] ne tudjon letekeredni.6. lépés: Díszítsd vele a csomagot! Az ötletért köszönet: Bloomize Az elkövetkező egy évben, azaz 365 napban, minden egyes napon, egy újabb “csináld [...]
Pingback From Paper Pom-Pom Birthday Card « Stampin' by Genny's Blog
[...] from the Summer Smooches collection. I found these instructions for making the paper pom-pom here. Super [...]
Pingback From 5 ideas on how to DIY your packaging to make it awesome
[...] one or two paper pom poms to finish it [...]
These are so cute! I’ve got to try it!