I really enjoy making and dressing up these standing trees with my favorite mini dot stickers and an origami star. Here’s what I did:
1. Use a square.
2. Fold half lengthwise, breathwise and diagonalwise to get these creases.
3. Fold diagonally.
4. Fold up a triangle as shown.
5. Repeat on the right.
7. Hold on to C.
8. Bring flap behind A.
9. Repeat on the other side to slip in behind B.
10. Get hold of one of the pouches.
11. Flatten it.
12. Repeat 10-11 on the remaining three.
13. Cut along dotted lines to create trunk.
14. To make branches, cut slits towards the top.
15. Bend the slits behind each flap.
OR, alternatively to make branches:
A. Make slits downwards.
B. Fold each slit behind as indicated by the triangular outline.
C. This is what it looks like behind.
- The tree will still be cute even if you omit the branches.
- To make the trunk longer, I will snip off a portion of the flaps.
Now I can make some Christmas trees to “light” up our homes…
I made it !!!not easy but looks realy good !Thank you.
Oh Oh, I am going to try.
Merry Christmas to you and family.
These are great. And I LOVE your teapot!
Merry Christmas, Clara!
Pingback From Folding Trees » Origami Christmas tree
[...] not to late to fold a quick stand-up modified origami Christmas tree as an extra decoration or a centrepiece - Bloomize shows us how. SHARE THIS [...]
Pingback From Holiday Paper Craft Roundup, 2008 Edition
[...] to make folded origami Christmas trees at Bloomzie (via Folding [...]
Wow Clara..that looks fun and amazing. Here’s wishing you a Merry and Blessed Christmas :)
Pingback From Stackable paper cone tree
[...] If you enjoy making paper trees, have you tried this tutorial on a standing kirigami tree? It uses just a single sheet of paper. Chapter: DIY + Tutorials ✼ [...]
- Pingback From Manualitats per nadal « JUBLOG, el bloc de l'AMPA de l'Escola Josep Mª Jujol
Pingback From Christmas Crafting Wrap-up: Paper Trees, Simple-Sew Felt Ornaments, Holiday Card Wreath & Quilted Stockings — Craft Wrap-Up
[...] 1. From Bloomize: Fold & Cut a Standing Paper Christmas Tree [...]
From sandie fletcher
thank you .. had a kids craft lined up to do with trees..and even i dont like doing it..this one how ever is PERFECT! thank you :)
Pingback From Bradut pentru copii | Elyda
[...] model tare usor de facut pentru copii. Instructiuni aici. Eu am folosit un patrat de 14,9cm, adica cat iese dintr-o jumatate de foaie A4. Restul e simplu, [...]
Pingback From Открытка своими руками | Экология и хобби
[...] и ссылки — тут елочки, тут — подборка милых открыток, елочные игрушки [...]
how did you make the star for the top of the tree?
@Shannon: Here’s how to make the puffy star.
Pingback From Jak zrobić wycinaną choinkę na biurko | Lifehacker Polska - usprawnij swoje życie
[...] [via] // [...]