Cutting a paper ribbon bow freehand is not as tedious as creating a template for it. But tedious in a fun and relax way as I made a template for my bows.
I tweaked my version into a 3-piece bow. Download the template to give it a try, if you like. Here’s how it works:
- Lay the cutouts as shown.
- Glue one end of the bow to the middle spine.
- Followed by the other end.
- Apply glue within marked area to adhere the 2 tails one on top of the other.
- Then place it behind the bow. Dotted area indicates the top portion of the flap.
- Fold the flap over and behind the bow centre.
- Glue in place.
- If you avoid gluing the flap directly onto its tail body (made in step 4), the ribbon bow is free to hang onto something.
When using two-sided paper, the underside shows up as a contrast at the “knot” section.