On with this stripy card impelled to the nauticals, I’m still playing with the Beautiful Bow stamp set that was also used over here and there.
- Trim a piece of sticky notepad to a 1.5″ square. Position it in the middle of a card panel to mask the middle section.
- Stamp the stripes image diagonally in Deep Lagoon blue ink. I positioned the stamp onto the MISTI tool to allow multiple accurate stamping.
- Position the stamp in the opposite position to form a “X”.
- Stamp the 4 alphabets in their respective places.
- Remove mask and stamp the birthday sentiment in the middle. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. On hindsight, I should also have heat embossed the four alphabets which I didn’t.
- Die cut a circle frame with 2 nesting dies on red foam. I stacked 2 pieces of foam.
- Stamp the stripes 2 times in separate cardstock. Trim off a little portion to wrap round the foam circle. Secure with glue. Repeat four times.
- Adhere foam onto card panel.
- Swipe some wet blue and grey inks with tissue onto the 4 corners of the panel. Add splatters as well.
- Adhere panel onto card base with glue.
2 thoughts on “Stripes stamping”
This is awesome for a boy's card! I'm sure he'll love it :0)
Stripes look so cool here. Great idea!