For the love of adding a plastic shield into my designs (see these past projects), I accentuated the purse print images from the Pursenality stamp set by Waffle Flower with their outlines stamped on plastic.
The circles on the purses fit the size of the foam dots that are holding onto the sheet of clear acetate.
- Align and stamp the three purse images, and sentiment onto card panel. I used the MISTI to make all of my stamping precise.
TIP — I also used a strip of acetate to pick up all three purse images and attached the strip onto the MISTI screen door with washi tape before stamping. This was helpful when I had to remove the stamps to make way for the outline stamp, as I progressed from a practice piece to the final panel. I didn’t have to re-position each of the purse again since they were on the acetate strip.
- Heat set to make inks dry faster.
- Cut a new piece of acetate and align over the stamped images. Tape down temporarily onto card panel with washi to avoid movement when stamping.
- Align the outline stamp on the first purse image. Stamp onto the plastic with StazOn Jet Black. Any mis-stamping can be erased with alcohol swab.
- Clean the stamp with alcohol swab. Repeat the above step on the second and third images.
- Paste a round foam adhesive on each of the coloured purses. Align and adhere the piece of acetate.
- Adhere panel onto card base. I added 2 thin strips of gold cardstock on the top and bottom of the card panel which were made by colouring white cardstock with a gold paint marker.
2 thoughts on “Plastic shielding”
Fantastic design! Love it so much!
Oh wonderful idea!! xo