This idea was sparked by a design on a corporate greeting card. It’s so simple to execute and the result as you can see below is just wonderful!
To add interest to the circles, they were embossed with an embossing folder that has line patterns.
- Die cut 2 circles from blue and green cardstock. Mine measures 2.5″ in diameter.
- Stack the two circles one beind the other. Place it inside the embossing folder and run it through the die cutting machine to emboss.
- Cut both 2 circles at the same time to three sections with the middle section resembling a triangle.
- Cut a small piece of woodgrain (or kraft) cardstock and adhere behind the triangular piece.
- Align and paste the pieces onto a card base. Foam tape was used on the tree.
- Adhere star and round sequins.
- Stamp sentiment.