There are numerous folding styles for paper hearts (just look at all these!) including this one that makes a heart topper on a wrapped gift. I hope you are curious to find out just how simple it is to achieve that.
The heart is of course non-external because it’s part of the same wrapper. Here’s how:
1. A = length of item, B ≈ 5 cm
2. From the left, fold in about 1 cm.
3. Align the right flap along the left edge. Wrap up the base.
4. Flatten the top section.
5. Leave about 5cm before folding the remaining section down.
6. Divide into 4 portions.
7. Fold triangles at each end. Slip in the folds.
8. Make a small “V” cut.
9. Fold the triangles below. Glue to hold them down.
- The amount of A needed for the top section can be 1-2cm shorter than the actual item. And in case the heart looks kind of longish, you can always trim it (at step 9).
- Glue the folds from step 7 to hold them in place.
- It will also work on paper bags like this these too.
- Dress with ribbons like this.
I hope you’ll have fun trying this out!
Love this idea. Great tutorial too!
Hi, I like this and the other paper tutorials on here! They are really cute ^_^
Thanks for the inspiration, I didn’t realise what these were at first, but I have always wanted more cute ways of folding gift wrap…! I think it would look nice on a quite large box, so that the heart could become part of the box… I wonder if thats possible.. hahaha
Thanks again xxx
From Chuzai Living
Ooooh! What a cute wrapper! Great idea! I also love the way you do the tutorial, too.