No spectacle die shouldn’t be used in a “spectacular” way, right?
I hand-lettered spectacular with a pencil then went over it with my favourite oil-based marker. Tracing the word out with a pencil first provided a guide for me in word placement.
- Die cut the eyeglasses out of plain cardstock twice and once on black cardstock.
- Pad down one of the die cuts from plain cardstock with embossing ink. Heat set with Gold Tinsel embossing powder.
- Adhere this piece onto the other plain die cut. I like to give the eyeglasses just a little thickness.
- On a card panel, draw a pencil line and sketch out the word “spectacular” then go over with a black marker. Erase pencil marks.
- Stamp the rest of the words.
- Adhere the eyeglasses. I also added 3 stars that were die cut out of the gold embossed eye lenses.
- Adhere panel onto card base with tape runner.