Previously I had stamped with loom bands and also included them in shaker windows (here are the results). Lately I have been tying them up as ribbon bows.
The bands are used as trimmings on the “gift packages” before being topped with ribbon bows. It takes two bands to form a bow — snip the first band apart with a pair of scissors, then wrap and tie a knot in the middle of the second band.
- To make the little gift packages, trim kraft/pattern papers into squares and rectangles.
- Snip the loom bands to fit the length and width of each gift package. However on some of the wider packages, I did just slip in the rubber band without the need to snip.
- Adhere the loom band with white glue. It’s tricky to get the rubber to obey so I placed something heavy on top after glueing.
- Glue the ribbon bows.
- Stamp sentiment onto card panels.
- Arrange and stick the gift packages in place with foam tape.
- Glue down sequins. I flicked some gold watercolour paint onto the kraft packages.