Here’s an ingenious way to cut a pentagon or a star from a piece of square.
1. Fold paper in half.
2. On the right side, fold up to align with top edge.
4. Then fold down to align with bottom edge.
5. Unfold. Identify the mid point of the X crease.
6. On the left side, bring the bottom pointed corner to A. Crease.
7. Bring line b to align with line c.
8. Bring line d to align beside line e.
9. Fold right along the gap to divide into 2.
10. Cut along the edge to get a pentagon or a slope for a star.
[p.s. Kindly refrain from sharing the entire tutorial on your blog/website, please direct your readers over here to view the steps. Thank you.]
Pingback From Galaxy of origami stars
[...] Cut out a 5-point star, make 5 slits. Crease the folds well. 2. Turn over and fold in the triangles at each point. 3. Glue [...]