Die cut inlay is my favourite goto when I’m out of ideas really. I used some holly leaf dies for this purpose.
I wanted a teal coloured cardstock to be the main colour focus and did two variations.
On the white card base, the coloured cardstock is represented in the leaves. On the second card, it is used as the card panel, then the leaves that were inlaid were die cut from a darker green paper. To outline the veins on the leaves on both cards, a white coloured pencil was used and it worked perfectly.
- Align the holly leaf dies onto card panel and send it through the die cutting machine.
- Die cut the leaves from the coloured cardstock. Draw the veins with a white coloured pencil.
- Stamp the berries and the sentiment. On the first card, I used a brown ink while on the second card the sentiment was gold heat embossed.
- Apply glue with tape runner onto the card base, then adhere card panel onto it.
- Place the die cut leaves from step 2 into the empty spaces on the card base.